Sunday, June 26, 2016

Long Overdue Update

Hey everyone. I really have to offer an apology to everyone here. It's been 4 months since my last post and I had said that I had a lot of stuff in the works for this blog. Well the truth of the matter is that that is all true. I have a ton of stuff that I want to do on this blog. I have two separate blogs that I'm in the process of trying to put together, I have videos that I want to share, I have pictures, and news I want to share, but there has been one consistent problem over the last few months.... Time... As I've mentioned in a previous blog, I will be getting married in July. So wedding planning and other wedding related things have taken up just a ton of my free time.

The rest of my time I've been spending trying to see friends, care for my newly rescued hedgehog, and get my other blog (a video game blog) off the ground. All of those things have been going quite well and the idea for me is to be able to find a balance between the two blogs. While the ocean and the life in it is certainly a passion of mine, so is gaming, and so is typing. It's been kind of nice to type about less stressful things than dolphin slaughters, and the threat of mass extinction, and it's something I want to continue to do. At the same time though I know for a fact that I want to continue the fight that I have been engaged in for years here. I want to continue to spread awareness for sharks in particular as well as other major issues taking place in the world today.

I know this blog has been a bit controversial at times. I've gotten emails and comments from people bashing me for certain blogs I've posted. Looking back at many of the blogs here, I don't regret typing any of them. I don't regret being a part of any operation that I was a part of, any side operations I worked with, or anything like that. While I no longer 100% believe a couple of them (and I've noted that at the end of those blogs), I feel that I can't delete them because they all serve as where this blog has gone and where it is going now. So where is this blog going?

After doing a lot of thinking and debating, I do have a plan for the future here. Between now and late July, I don't expect to post much at all. I'm certainly going to try to squeeze in a Shark Week blog and the annual New Jersey Shark blog because tis the season out here. From late July though I think I'm going to try and refocus the blog a bit. This blog started off as a shark conservation blog and that is something I want to focus on more again. Many of the more recent blogs I've done have focused on whales and dolphins, which there is nothing wrong with, but my main concern has always been sharks. I'm thinking that upon returning to this blog I'll be shifting the focus to be more about sharks and mantas. I will not abandon the fight for the whales and dolphins and I will still post about them, but the sharks and mantas will become the number 1 and 2 species covered here. I'm also going to be looking into bringing some more educational blogs around and also looking at sharks in movies/media (as I watch a lengthy promo for the movie The Shallows on Discovery as a part of Shark Week) as kind of a fun Hollywood bashing fest.

Well that was a lot to say and I'm glad I was able to get on here and update you all on what's going on. So for now stay tuned for a Shark Week and NJ Shark blog coming soon and this blog getting back underway after my wedding. Talk to you all soon!